Combined Defence Services (CDS) examination is conducted for recruitment to the post of Office Cadre in Indian Army, Navy and Airforce. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is responsible for the entire recruitment process. CDS comprises of 3 stages: Written Test, Interview by Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Examination.
- Registration for UPSC CDS II 2017 will commence from August 09, 2017.
- Candidates need to apply online for registering in UPSC CDS II.
- UPSC CDS II registration can be done through the official website of UPSC, www.upsconline.nic.in
- Last date to fill the application form is September 09, 2017.
- UPSC CDS II exam will be conducted on November 19, 2017.
- Candidates with Indian nationality are eligible to apply and academic qualification varies for different institutes and eligibility is mentioned below.
- Application fee for general category is INR 200 while female and reserved category candidates are exempted from any fee payment.
UPSC CDS II 2017 Registration Dates
Each year UPSC releases vacancies and it fills them up by recruiting personnel by CDS exam. The result for UPSC CDS I was announced on March 20, 2017.
CDS II registration dates have been tabulated below.
|Notification date for UPSC CDS||August 09, 2017|
|Availability of application form||August 09, 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||September 08, 2017|
|Date for downloading admit card||October 2017|
|Date of Examination||November 19, 2017|
|Announcement of Results||January 2018|
Candidates can keep a track through this table regarding the important events related to UPSC CDS II and not miss anything.
UPSC CDS II 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below.Female candidates are eligible to apply for OTA only while male candidates can apply for INA, IMA and AFA.
- Candidates shall essentially be citizens of India to apply for UPSC CDS II.
- Subjects of Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet and other (Persons of India Origin) PIO from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka & various East African Countries who have settled in India are also eligible for the exam.
- Candidates must ensure that they possess their certificate of eligibility issued by Government of India and the same will have to be produced for claiming.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor in Technology degree from any recognized university. It is essential for applying in INA, IMA and AFA.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is accepted for those applying to OTA.
- Candidates appearing for the final year can apply on provisional basis.
- Minimum age for application to UPSC CDS II is 19 years.
- Upper age limit varies for different castes and institutes.
- Maximum age limit for OTA is 25 years.
- Age limit for INA, AFA and IMA is 22, 23 and 24 years respectively.
Marital Status and Physical Standards
- Candidates applying for INA, IMA and AFA shall be unmarried and below 25 years of age.
- Male applicants for OTA shall not abide by the above condition.
- Unmarried women, divorcees, widows can also apply.
- Only physically fit candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC CDS II exam.
UPSC CDS II 2017 Application Process
The application process of UPSC CDS II exam shall commence from August 09, 2017. Candidates must submit one application form. In case anyone submits 2 forms, form with higher registration id shall be considered. Interested candidates must follow the steps mentioned below for applying to UPSC CDS II exam.
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on online application and then select CDS II.
- After reading all the instructions, candidates are required to fill the form.
- Application form shall be filled in 2 parts where candidates will have to fill in all personal and educational details in the first part,
- In the second part, candidates are required to attach their documents and it involves the payment of fees.
- Application fee for CDS II is INR 200 for general category while women and SC/ ST categories are exempted from any fee payment.
- Applicants must make sure that all details furnished by them shall be completely correct.
- Applicants shall take a print out of their form for future reference.
UPSC CDS II 2017 Application Fee
Candidates can apply online for UPSC CDS II exam by September 09, 2017 and application fee for the same is as follows:
- General Category: INR 200
- SC/ ST Category: No fees
- Women Applicants: No fees
UPSC CDS II 2017 Documents List
Candidates are required to furnish their documents while applying for UPSC CDS II exam. Following is the list of pre-requisites for filling the form:
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Mark sheets for all the semesters of Graduation Degree
- For individuals studying in the final year of their degree course, Mark sheets of all the semesters upto the final semester.
- Scanned image of photograph and signature.
Specifications of Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature:
|Photograph||.jpg||200 dpi||3 to 40 kb||140 x 110 pixels|
|Signature||.jpg||200 dpi||3 to 40 kb||110 x 140 pixels|
UPSC CDS II 2017 FAQs
A list of certain FAQs has been mentioned below for all applicants to save them from any doubts pertaining in their minds.
Question 1. Can one cancel the application and request for a refund once the application fee has been submitted?
Answer: No, the application fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Question 2: Can multiple forms be submitted and the fees for one form be adjusted to the other?
Answer: Multiple forms can be submitted only under any unavoidable situation. However, candidates will have to pay the fees again as the fees of another form will not be adjusted for the other one.
Question 3: I am an applicant from SC category. By mistake, I selected General category in my form which has been submitted. Please suggest me as to how I can make changes.
Answer: No changes can be made once the application has been submitted and request for the same shall not be entertained.
Question 4: Are candidates who have just appeared for the qualifying examination be eligible for CDS II 2017?
Answer: Yes. Aspirants who have just appeared for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. But, they must ensure that there is no backlog up to the last semester and are able to produce the required documents at the time of admission.