WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
One winning project and two runners up in each of these two categories.
Period home: Enter this is you’ve renovated whole or part of a house built up to and including 1929.
Modern or new-build home: Enter this if you’ve revamped whole or part of a house built in or after 1930 or built a new one. We’re looking for creativity, imaginative use of materials and design in adapting an existing house for modern family life while still being sympathetic to its character, clever use of budget, great workmanship, good green credentials, and wow factor.
WHAT YOU’LL WIN
2 x First Prizes
- £2,500 of DFS furniture. One winner from each category will win £2,500 worth of vouchers to spend on DFS furniture, including the House Beautiful collection of sofas and beds.
- Afternoon tea at Highgrove. Winners plus one guest each will be invited to visit Highgrove House in Gloucestershire, the family home of Prince Charles, to tour the gardens and enjoy afternoon tea in the surrounds of The Orchard room. The visit will take place in July.
- £100 of Burleighware. Each winner will receive £100 of vouchers for Burleighware, valid at either the online shop or the Middleport Pottery shop.
4 x Runners Up
- £1,250 of DFS furniture. Two runners up from each category will each win £1,250 worth of DFS vouchers.
- Afternoon tea at Highgrove. Each runner up plus their guest will be invited to visit Highgrove House in Gloucestershire. The visit will take place in July.
- £100 of Burleighware. Each winner will receive £100 of vouchers for Burleighware to spend as above.
- Julia Goodwin, House Beautiful Editor
- Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive of Prince Charles’ new charity Heritage Renewal UK
- Brian Berry, Chief Executive of the Federation of Master Builders
- Kellie Wyles, Head of Brands at DFS
Send your name, address and contact details together with photos and a clearly written description of your project in no more than 250 words. Please include details of the condition of your project before the renovation started, what happened during the transformation, any professional help, the cost, how long it took and how you feel about the finished result. Include colour photos with before shots if possible.
Post your entry to: Renovation of the Year 2016 Competition, House Beautiful, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP
Email it putting Renovation of the Year 2016 in the subject line, to [email protected]
Enter online here.
The competition closes on 2 June 2016.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The decision of the judges is final. All entries must be of UK houses. No photographs can be returned. Entrants must be 18 years or over. Transport to and from Highgrove is not provided.
[Source:- House Beautifull]